Thursday, November 05, 2009

Nothing hurts as much today!

Saw the Aussies smash us all over the park - took it with a pinch of salt.
Saw the hitters Sehwag, Yuvi and Dhoni not fight hard - told myself don't worry.
Saw the ever so calm Gautam Gambhir lose his head - thought it happens very rarely, forget it.
Saw Sachin play one of the best innings of his life according to me and enjoyed every moment of it - infact was thinking he might make a double hundred today!
Saw Jadeja run - THEN I GOT UP AND TOLD MYSELF - WHEN WILL THESE GUYS LEARN.

The question that came to my mind wasn't oh god, why us? But rather, I ask how many games will India have to lose for youngsters to understand simple things, for them to understand how not to panic under pressure.

Jadeja did it twice in two games. Can understand he is young and new and stuff, but look at the way McKay caught the ball White threw at him and calmy whipped the bails? For your information, it was his first match!! Imagine, making your debut and bowling to 'The Guru' of cricket and almost see your team losing after scoring 350 runs and yet have all the sense in the world to know when to strike back and how to not lose hope.

What is it that hits us more - complacency? panic? not being able to hold our nerves? What is it? And why does it happen with Indians only, why didn't Hauritz not throw right at d base of the stumps, why couldn't have Manou dropped that catch, how come McKay had the courage to bowl a slower ball on the legside with his fine leg up!!!

It's all in the head. And yet somehow we keep failing, we lack the temperament.

I have played a thousand gully cricket matches, but seldom have I lost my cool to do such stupid things. I might have played bad shots, but do not end up doing such stupid and silly mistakes, especially when such a big match is at stake.

And for God's sake, really God here means - Sachin Tendulkar - for his sake, the guy just played the innings of his lifetime, win it for him!!! Stay there, be cool.

This was the first time that such a close match almost made me cry. it literally had me in tears when I saw the screen show 'Out'. The look on PK's face said it all, but I wouldn't blame him much.

For me the culprit was Jadeja, for the rest of my life I will have a grudge against him!!!!

1 comment:

Megzamazing said...

my illiteracy abt this english game did not come in the way of feeling what u must have felt when we lost bcoz of something so silly.