Friday, October 15, 2010

Living it, loving it!

Don't know where to begin this one from. To think of it, I did not ever imagine I would be doing this. Staying abroad, doing my masters in a foreign country. Life...is in my control.

This is something I always wanted but never knew. Something I learnt thanks to my biggest lesson in life, engineering! Yes, its true, my biggest failure in life has been the biggest lesson for me. It let me find who I really was, it let me dare to take a step back to take two steps ahead. It allowed me to take decisions for myself. It was then that I realized that I wanted to live life my way. When I could make my decision and be happy or sad about it. Be able to blame myself if I had to for anything that was to happen from there on. And I am loving it, living it.

From that time to now, things have changed, but for the better. Life has improved at every stage and it has only given me reasons to smile. I like it this way.

Now I am controlling my life more than I ever have. Earlier I would just do what I would like to but yet be dependent in a way. Now, not anymore. I am liking the part where I wake myself up, I feed myself, I clean up the place and I dirty it. I have to look for everything that I have and everything that I do not. I have to go out and get things what I do not have but want. It has never been better.

Yes, I do miss a few things. Who am I lying to, I miss a lot of things, but then this is something I am willing to give up anything for. I have my freedom!

Have been thinking for a while that I would write about my observations and picks from Leeds. I thought that would be my first blog piece once I reach here. But then again am happy that I have the ability to surprise myself.

Am going to make double use of this blog. I have already written what I wanted to so now am going to use the same blog to talk about the things that I find worth writing about.

First and foremost, getting used to Toilet Paper. It's different, it's weird and at times it seems unclean but that is how it is going to be. Sorry, gross start!
I do not like as many options as you have here. Like choosing potatoes - you have baking potato, baby potato, new potato, large potato and god knows what all!

Electric plates - it took me three weeks to realize the vegetables that I was cooking were undercooked because the electric plates take much longer than what LPG would.

Duvets - I hate them. They are the worst things that could happen to a college student. They are
way too comfortable to allow someone to get out of them. They need to be discontinued with immediate effect.

Mobile phones - not just any of them. There are it seems just two brands in the world now - its either BlackBerry or Apple iPhone. People want it, people have it and people crave it. These are the only three types of people that I see around me now and I am fed-up of them. I hate them, I detest them.

Right now I cannot think of anymore, but I swear when I have a good big list I am going to come back and list them down to remind myself of them.

No comments: