Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The fake weather man!

Leeds has been cold for a few days and Tuesday was no different. Coming back from a friend's house after a session of pan cakes, wine and some wolf, the 5 minute walk from Montague Burton to Leodis seemed like eternity. The chilly weather did not help and for the first time in my life I felt jeans was not thick enough!

It seemed as if somehow the cold breeze was seeping in through my pants. Thankfully I wasn't wearing one of my 'hole' wala jeans. To the surprise of my dear friends and family I did not carry any of 'those' with me.

So anyway, back to what I was talking about, the weather. So it was quite cold on Tuesday night and I was expecting today to be as cold. But to my surprise when I woke up today I felt colder than what I usually do so I decided to check the temperature on the computer. To my horror it read 0 degree!! I was flummoxed and my first reaction was to look outside the window to check for snow! Yeah, come on now, when you come from Mumbai or India for that matter and realize it is 0 degree you will hope there is snow. But surprise, surprise! There was sunshine! The sun was beating down and there was no hint of snow anywhere.

A tad disappointed I was a bit relieved as well. Was thinking the time to wear inners and gloves hasn't come as yet, but the weather man almost had me there. Yet, taking all precautions I decided to wear four layers and a scarf to keep me warm. As it happened, when I stepped out of the building it did not seem as chilly.

My phone too was saying it was 1 degree so I really did not know how what to say. And before you jump and say that may be my three layers had a say in this? No, it wasn't that either. IT JUST WASN'T AS COLD!

Hut saala, aise hi expectation high kiya!! :P

No comments: